While we enjoy a nice cup of coffee in our air conditioned rooms, let me fill you in a new, old, piece of mowing equipment.

Push Lawn Mowers

I was reading a study this morning on reel push mowers. After that, I checked out the web site for American Lawn Mower Co. in Shelbyville, IN. This is for a reel push mower that has been around for about 100 yrs. The neat thing about it is that there is no pull string, no spark plugs and no $3.50 gal. gas to fuel it. The exercise is great!

No, I do not have one, but I have seen them recently in stores. The great thing is they are becoming more readily available in retail stores around us like WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes etc. The drawback possibly would be if a person wasn't physically able to push, but I understand they push easier than the old, old models. If you have a small yard, need the exercise, care about pollution & want to save money, this might be the solution.

It might not be for you, it you have an extremely large lawn, but lawns can be broken down into sections. Just consider!

Check it out at:
www.reelin.com

No comments: