Getting Things Done...

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and checking out the noon news. I'm thinking of things that I could share today.

I've been taking down my winter curtains and putting away a few of my winter garmets until fall. I use little clear sweater garmet storage bags and then put them in my large plastic storage containers in my little outside storage building. I did put them in my garage, but my husband got me this nice building which works well. The only thing I don't like to store in there is my Christmas decorations. When the snow is flying and it is really cold out, I don't like to be rummaging around an outdoor building. I'm ready for indoor things. So, after the garden is completely planted and the flower beds are doing good, I will rearrange my storage building and put the Christmas decorations back in the garage.

Yesterday, I received 5 different knock out roses that I ordered plus 3 white out roses. There really isn't a white knock out rose, but the same breeder that bred the knock out roses developed another rose that is called the white out. I can't wait to get them planted. I will do that later today. It is almost impossible to not raise a knockout rose. They bloom long and profuse. They also don't have a lot of rose disease problems. I'm so excited about getting them in the ground. I'll get pictures later in the season when they are blooming.

One bit of news that I found this morning is quite interesting... it seems there are some Stanford University students who have developed an inexpensive electric car. It runs about 30 miles on a 4 hr. charge. That could really be nice for short trips. Of course, it won't go very fast, but it could be a nice pleasurable trip. This little car is comparable to a dune buggy, but looks more like a flat deck lawn mower. You won't be buying it for it's looks, but fuel savings on short trips.

That's about it for now... have a great day!

No comments: